Sunday, July 6, 2008

leech Lab Project




1. the electrode is measuring the potential of the membrane or the action potential.
2. leeches are used because they have a simple makeup, they are easier to dissect and although they are more simple, their stucture is similar to ours.
3. the difference between a sensory and a motor neuron is that sensory neurons take nerve impulses to the central nervous system after stimulation of a sensory receptor. Motor neurons conduct nerve impulses away from the nervous system initiating effectors.
4. I think that leeches probably experience pain due to the fact that they contain a nervous system and a brain. Its sad to think about that though because we use them so extensively for research. I'm glad this was a simulation!
5. I liked this lab because I was able to keep on testing nerves until I felt like I had a good idea of what it would be like in real life. also because you could inject the nerve with dye to see what it would look like by itself and magnified, it gave a good visual.
6. I found it slighty confusing at first but the good thing about it was that there were links to a dictionary and other ways to navigate through the page to help you understand what you were doing.
6.

No comments: